Note: Pictures and recipe card to-be-posted!
As a child, my mother would routinely make us quick dinners when she was busy or tired. Some of these would consist of fried potatoes wrapped in a pita, fried cauliflower in a pita, and baked red potatoes topped with olive oil, oregano, salt and pepper.
Cooking must sometimes be quick, easy, and avoid any potential messiness. But most importantly must be delicious. We can also talk about being healthy, but whatever! So as long as you don’t do this every day (which might be hard considering the level of goodness your tastebuds are going to experience), you should be a-okay.
1 head of Cauliflower, cut into medium and small pieces
Cumin, as desired
Salt for taste
Juice of 1/2 a lemon
1 clove of garlic, minced
Rice bran oil (healthy alternative) or preferred frying oil
1. Heat oil in a large frying pan at medium – high heat.
2. Cut the head of the cauliflower into medium and small pieces so that they may be fried.
3. Fry cauliflower in batches until golden-brown and stalks are still white.
4. Prepare paper towel on a plate to place the fried cauliflower on.
5. Once all cauliflower is fried, place in a separate plate and mash with your preferred tool (mine is a fork).
6. Mince garlic and scatter over mashed cauliflower.
7. Lightly top with cumin; add more if desired.
8. Squeeze 1/2 a lemon over the mashed cauliflower.
9. Add salt to taste.
10. Mix using same fork you used to mash and voila your mashed cauliflower is all set.
11. Serve with hot pita bread; make a sandwhich; share a plate; save some for tomorrow.