Have an extra avocado you need to put to use? Here’s a quick recipe I came up with on the go at my dorm this past year. You can be creative on your own and make your own subtractions and additions.
This one is e a s y squeezy lime – uh okay it doesn’t exactly rhyme, but who cares?! Clearly you dont, so let’s get rollin.
There’s nothing more savory than some avocado spread topped on a hot crisp piece of whole grain bread or on any bread for goodness sakes! This is a recipe that I usually go-to if I need something to cheer me up, which can be oh-so-very often. 😉
I cannot express how fast this can be done and how much you’ll be missing out on if you pass up this opportunity. You can have this with toast or any veggie of your preference (I like raw onion). That earthy taste with something so bold is really good to my soul and my body. The sweet taste comes from the specific addition of lime, rather than lemon. But of course, when life gives you lemons – use them before they rot.
Okay, let’s get straight to the point.
Cumin powder, as desired
Salt, for taste
Pepper or Lemon Pepper
Paprika, as desired
Juice of 1/2 a lime
1 drop of olive oil
1 drop of Clover Honey, or your preferred honey
1 or 2 pieces of Whole Grain Bread
1. Get the avocado contents into a small bowl, remove the pit and skin completely.
2. Sprinkle cumin powder, little by little – you can add more later once it’s mashed and you’ve tasted it.
3. Sprinkle salt and pepper (or lemon pepper, if you prefer – really gives it a small zest).
4. Sprinkle paprika, as desired.
5. Squeeze a little less than 1/2 of your lime over the contents.
6. Drop 1 or 2 drops of olive oil over the contents
7. Squeeze one drop of clover honey over the contents.
8. Place bread in toaster or in oven (Keep an eye on it) while mashing avocado contents with a fork or your luxurious utensil that I don’t have.
9. Taste and make adjustments. You’re the artist. Spread over lightly crisped, warm bread or toast and take a bite or 20.
10. Share, if you’re nice.